Drop cookies are so simple to make. These taste like a chocolate covered banana if you use the dark chocolate. As always, my recipes are gluten free. Feel free to sub out your preferred flour cup for cup if you are not gluten free.
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla whiskey (or extract)
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mil)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (may use any chocolate but the flavor is amazing with dark chocolate) (if you like nuts, feel free to add chopped pecans or walnuts- total 1 cup for any additions you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash bananas until soft and mushy. Add baking soda. Let sit for at least 2 minutes.
- In separate bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Add banana mixture- gently fold in
- Add flour and cinnamon, just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1-2 T of dough and drop on lined cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet before storing.