2 cups all-purpose flour (for gluten free use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free blend) or almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 (5.1 ounce) package instant French vanilla pudding mix (use the healthy kind)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
½ cup water
1/2 cup whiskey (I like vanilla whiskey)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube cake pan
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, pudding mix & both sugars together.
- In mixing bowl blend 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup melted butter, eggs, and 1/2 cup whiskey and beat until well blended with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes, add dry ingredients and beat just until incorporated. Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is set and the top springs back when pushed slightly, about 1 hour. When the cake is completely cool, remove from pan and set on plate.
- Using a knife or skewer, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup whiskey
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, then pour in water, sugar and whiskey. Stir the mixture together until smooth, and bring to a boil over medium-low heat; boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cool about 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake slowly to get in all the holes and saturate the cake.
Not needed, but if desired whipped cream is best. If making a sheet cake to decorate quadruple the recipe and use buttercream frosting (4 sticks butter, 1 bag confectioners sugar and milk or whiskey until whipped.
- Can substitute apple juice for whiskey